regular expression help

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf regular expression help

• Creator
    Topic
    Jennifer Shepard
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Our latest upgrade for our Mysis lab system has some funky sub id’s coming through, messing up my Xlate. I need a regular expression to take a sub id that is ZZ00.1 and only keep what’s after the period, which would be ‘1’ in this case. I hate to hardcode it looking for ZZ00. and then have the system throw me a different value.

Thanks in advance,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      John Perks
      Participant

This can be done with tcl string and list manipulation.  Don’t forget, starting out, that your source value is really a list, and you want the first element of that list.  Depending on your tcl programming style, you can do it a couple of ways.

You need to split the string (the first element of the xlateInVals list) on the . character, and get the last element of the resulting list.

The following code will do it, and will work even if there are multiple or 0 occurences of the . character in the string.

lindex [split [lindex $xlateInVals 0] .] [expr [llength [split [lindex $xlateInVals 0] .]] -1]

Copy this code to your Pre TCL dialog box on the source side of the COPY action.

To simplify your code, you could set a TCL variable to [lindex $xlateInVals 0] and reference that variable in your command string.  You can have multiple TCL command strings in your dialog box if they are separated by a semi-colon.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Assuming the pattern never shows up in the rest of the message, the following one line will work:

set xlateOutVals [string map {ZZ00. {}} $xlateInVals]

Jamin Gray
      Participant

If you want to do this using a regular expression, I would suggest something like this:

Code:

regsub -all {ZZ00.(.*)} $var1 {1} var2

where your original string is in $var1 and the result (everything after the period) will be put in $var2.

The regex to match the pattern is ZZ00.(.*) which says look for ZZ00 followed by a period and then capture anything after the period.  Then you are taking that saved capture 1 and placing it in $var2.

-jamin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags