Redhat and VPNs

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Shoemaker
    Participant

Hi. I’m in the process of trying to configure VPNs to some of my external clients. I’m running CL5.8 in HA on RHEL 6 between 2 clustered nodes. My networking group is working with the remote sites to establish VPNs and we’re running into problems with the cluster ip not having a unique MAC address. Specifically I’m not able to ping the remote sites. It appears cloverleaf can accomodate this using the “Local Binding Address” checkbox on the connection threads, but the OS still will not ping the remote hosts. I am told the cluster ip needs a unique MAC address for the cluster ip and they’d like me to configure that for future troubleshooting reasons. Right now, the cluster IP reports the MAC address of the active node and I do not see any way of creating a virtual nic/mac address in the cluster config, only IP address within the resources. In the end, I am able to connect my threads, although I have not tried to connect inbound connections yet, my outgoing connection works fine by binding to a local address using the cluster ip. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Firewall configs and networking is magical to me.

Thanks!

Mike

• The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags