Reconnect to Server VM after the VM Pauses

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Reconnect to Server VM after the VM Pauses

• Creator
    Topic
    Bob Conway
    Participant

I am struggling with the following scenario.  My customer is running Cloverleaf 6.0 configured as a client to send HL7 messages to a server listening on port 9550.  The server is running on a VM.  Occasionally communication fails and the only way to recover is to restart the listener on the server.  When in the failure state, CL continually tries to establish a new connection to the server on the specified server port (9550) as it thinks the connection has been closed.     However, the server believes the connection is still established on port 9550 (as seen by running Windows Netstat on the server).  I can reproduce these symptoms by pausing and resuming the VM.  In this case I end up in the classic TCP “half-open” problem.  When the server resumes from its paused/sleep state, it has no knowledge that it had been paused.   After resuming from the pause, I can see the TCP/IP traffic using Wireshark which shows CL continually attempting to re-open a connection to port 9550 (on a new client port each time), but the Server continually responds with a TCP RST command since it does not expect this.   Is there any configuration change I can make in CL to help with this problem?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Austin Adams
      Participant

I don’t know if any configuration changes in CL.  Is CL installed on the VM server?

Bob Conway
      Participant

No, CL and the server are on separate VMs.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags