Read in flat file, manipulate data, send out to flat file

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Read in flat file, manipulate data, send out to flat file

• Creator
    Topic
    Misti Wannamaker
    Participant

I have a flat file that I am reading in using PROTOCOL: file.  I want to manipulate the data using an xlate (table lookup for values) and then send output to a flat file.  I have the file coming in and I am using a FRL for input and output and a table lookup with the XLT but I obviously have something wrong with where I am sending the file.  Do I make both protocols flat files?  How do I define the route?

Input file has records that look like this (and input is coming in fine):

1000029292 0000855.20 2471 2452 2374

Output file needs to be:

A|1000029292|0000855.20|Claim rejected due to error|Procedure code not valid|Invalid diagnosis code

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Misti,

It looks like you want to create a pipe ( | ) separated file; thus, you would want to create a VRL definition for your outbound layout, and use that in your Xlate.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Misti Wannamaker
      Participant

Jim, that does help.  Thank you.  I guess I am still confused.  Can you read in a flat file and send out a flat file?  I can’t seem to get my out file to show up.  If my record is like I said, 10202002 000855.22 2146, what do I use as my route?

Keith McLeod
      Participant

How about a static route with an xlate in your detail?

Misti Wannamaker
      Participant

Thank you to both Jim and Keith.  This worked!  I just have to do some tweaking now.  Thank you very much.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags