re: AIX 5.2 & QDX 5.3 rev3

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf re: AIX 5.2 & QDX 5.3 rev3

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark Gathers
    Participant

Clovertechies,

I would like to know from the those of you implemented QDX5.3rev3 in AIX5.2.  We would like to know what maintenance-level your running on AIX 5.2.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you

Mark Gathers

Integration Engineer, Information Technology

University Health Associates

West Virginia University Hospitals

Phone: 304.598.4000 x75615

Email:  gathersm@rcbhsc.wvu.edu

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rich Durkee
      Participant

We are on AIX 5.2 service level 4 and QDXI 5.3rev3. Occasionally the NetMonitor goes flakey and we have to stop and restart it, but no major problems.

Rich Durkee

Genesys Regional Medical Center

Michigan

Mark Gathers
      Participant

Thank you Rich,

Yesterday, we did our AIX upgrade to from v5.1 to 5.2 ml4 and all went well.  Also, identified the same monitor problem that you described in your response.  Today, we’re planning to upgrade from ml4 to ml8 and see what happens.

Mark Gathers

West Virginia University Hospitals

Ryan Boone
      Participant

We just upgraded our test box to AIX 5.2 ml8 on Tuesday and so far no problems. I realize 2-3 days isn’t very long enough to find everything though.

Mark Gathers
      Participant

Thank you Ryan for sharing your response.  We continued our O/S upgrade Wednesday from AIX 5.2 ml4 to ml8 and everything appears fine so far.  I agree, we’ll need to do more testing before we install into production.

Tom Patton
      Participant

We are QDX 5.3 r3 and planning our 5.2 upgrade.  But I saw the netmonitor issue moving to QDX 5.3.  I talked to Charla at Quovadx support and she determined I’d lost my MNRATIO environment variable.

Double check to see if this is still set in your new environments.

To set this variable system-wide, add the following line to your

Mark Gathers
      Participant

I called into tech support and you do NOT need the MNRATIO unless your on AIX 5.1 ML3.  

Mark

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags