QDX 5.3 on RetHat linux ES 3.0, anyone running this config ?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Operating Systems QDX 5.3 on RetHat linux ES 3.0, anyone running this config ?

• Creator
    Topic
    John Baumgartner
    Participant

We are getting ready to upgrade Cloverleaf from 3.8 to 5.3 which we are currently running on Tru64 4.0g platform. The server we are using only carries 1GB of memory with single CPU at 667mhz.

We are leaning towards the linux platform, but are sceptical of the stability of Cloverleaf IM on this platform and would like to hear from some people who have had experience using this type of OS with the Cloverleaf product.

Our new server will be bulked up a bit at 6GB memory, 4 CPU’s at 3.16GHz.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

John

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Terry Kellum
      Participant

We’ve been using Cloverleaf (The integration engine formally known as QDXi 😉 ) v5.2 on RedHat AS 2.1 for the past 3 years or so.  We run it on an IBM xSeries 345, and have been very happy with the rock-solid stability.

Since we are a client engine rather than the center of the universe, we don’t really tax the resources on our hardware.  We had a planned reboot 182 days ago to update a raid driver.

The biggest selling points (beside price) in my book would be the ease of integrating Samba filesystem sharing to allow access to the filesystem using windows shares, and the ability to read files that Cloverleaf has open.  My counterpart at the hospital has to cycle SMAT to look at the files (AIX) but I can look at them on the fly with a text utility without cycling. (and thru the Samba share as well!)  I know that you can load Samba on AIX, but I don’t know if you can “read” those files while the process has them open for writing.  I suspect not.

Kevin Kinnell
      Participant

We’ve been running this config in production since February; compared to the Windows(tm) version we had been running it’s a little slice of heaven.  Linux is stable, the only potential gotchas are the typical ones: differences in *nix command options and administrivia.

Linux is a real OS with a solid core.  We haven’t had problems.

garry r fisher
      Participant

We run two servers on Linux ES 3 QDX5.3. They appear to be very stable an in terms of performance wipe the floor with an equivlaent Windows box.  We originally built them on Windows and the client weren’t happy with the performance so we tried Linux and there was a noticable difference and the client accepted these.

Garry

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags