Putting thread in error status from TPS

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Putting thread in error status from TPS

• Creator
    Topic
    Sundeep Kumar
    Participant

Is there a way to put a thread into error status from inside a TPS proc similar to PDLs ? I have a proc that needs args and when the thread is started I can return an error if the argument is absent but I need some indication on the GUI like a red color or error on the GUI that indicates the thread error due to TPS proc start error. Error is recorded in the proc log

I have this, but the retrun does nothing to put any indication on the GUI icon for the thread:

if {![ keylget args ARGS.SUFFIX suffix ]} {

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

You could stop the thread. Then if you have an alert checing for that condition it will trigger. That alert can email/page someone.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Sundeep Kumar
      Participant

Jim Kosloskey wrote:

You could stop the thread. Then if you have an alert checing for that condition it will trigger. That alert can email/page someone.

Jim,

What is the command to kill a thread from a TPS UPOC ?

I tried hcicmd but that did not work.

Thanks

Troy Morton
      Participant

I found another thread on the forum where Charlie suggests how this should be done.

Stop a thread from within TPS

Troy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags