Pulling PDF Files for Base64 Encoding

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Pulling PDF Files for Base64 Encoding

• Creator
    Topic
    Jonathan Christian
    Participant

Hello Everyone –

I’m currently working on an embedded PDF delivery project, and I’m having some issues pulling down PDF files from a network server on the same domain through a TCL proc. Here are the details…

The Cloverleaf engine resides on a Windows 2008 R2 VM, and I’m receiving lab results from our LIS with a Z-segment. The Z-segment contains a network address for the PDF version of the lab report. The network server the PDF files are on is also a Windows VM. The segment looks something like this:

ZHO|1|\networkserver01DEV_OUTPUT_DIR9183672_1234567.pdf

So, When I run a test messages through the engine, it says it doesn’t have the permissions necessary to grab the file from the network server included in the address. I’m assuming this has to do with the fact that hciuser is the local user on the engine VM that’s attempting to perform the pull.

I’m also assuming I need to go about creating an AD account for the engine to use in grabbing the PDFs, but I’m not sure where to go from there. I’ve worked with our network team to create an hciuser AD account on the network with read permission to that server, and admin permissions on the Cloverleaf server. I realize I have to somehow replace the hciuser local account with the hciuser AD account, but I’m not sure how to go about that.

Luckily, this is all in DEV, so I haven’t really broken anything yet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Brent Fenderson
      Participant

Change the user account for the Cloverleaf service on your Windows server and you should be good to go once you restart the service. Make sure the folder you’re picking up the file from has rights for the AD account.

Jonathan Christian
      Participant

Oh, good grief! I swear I did the exact same thing before, and it didn’t work. Lo, and behold… I try it this time, and it works without a single problem. Haha

Thanks, Brent. I don’t know what black sorcery you just performed, but it worked. Much appreciated!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags