Process Order In Network Monitor

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Process Order In Network Monitor

• Creator
    Topic
    Stephan Head
    Participant

Cloverleaf 5.4.1 – does anyone know how to arrange the processes within Network Monitor?  I was wanting to put them in a certain order, but don’t know where to do that.

TIA.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

It use to be easy back in the days of TK/X-window GUI’s but not quite as easy since Cloverleaf 3.5.5.

I had a need to do this just recently so I will describe my case and you can modify for your case.

Open the IDE and launch the netmonitor, then move something slightly and save.

It will create a file called monitor_dflt.mvw in directory $HCISITEDIR/views

Then I edited this file and copied the line for all_threads and called it useable_threads and made it the first entry and took out the undesriable threads.

Next I relaunched the IDE netmonitor and moved the useable threads to where I wanted them in the view and saved again.

Here is my monitor_dflt.mvw to help visualize:

prologue
      [code]prologue

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Ross,

This file does seems to change the order of the processes in the pane view on the left.   What about the order of the processes on the process view on the far right of the screen.  

Does anyone know how or if it is possible to change the order there?  From what I can gather, it appears to be based on the process creation date/time, but I could be wrong…I’ve been wrong before!

Thanks…

Tom Rioux

thomasri@baylorhealth.edu

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags