pathcopy in iteration

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf pathcopy in iteration

• Creator
    Topic
    William Grow
    Participant

Hi,

Noticed something that I thought was strange while testing an Xlate. Part of the xlate has an iteration in it designed to iterate through the AL1 segments.  The inbound variant includes the AL1 segment in a repeating group. The outbound variant has the AL1 segment as a single optionally repeating segment.  When I try to use the pathcopy in the iterate. It completely ignores the segment. Anyone else have problems with a pathcopy in an iterate.

iterate basis group 1(0).0 %g1

pathcopy statement

1(0).0(%g1).AL1           1(0).AL1(%g1)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Bill,

I think you have identified the problem yourself. That is you are attempting a mass Action (PATHCOPY) from a group basis to a segment basis.

I think PATHCOPY similar to BULKCOPY but more specific still requires the message structure definitions inbound and outbound be identical.

In this case they are not.

The solution might be to do a field by field action (probably COPY). Don’t forget to put the inbound group iteration counter (for example %g1) in the segment position of the outbound address path.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags