Pathcopy and Partial Paths

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Pathcopy and Partial Paths

• Creator
    Topic
    Dennis Dunn
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to translate from an HL7 2.2 ADT_A08 to an HL7 2.5 ADT_A08 and I am having problems getting the PR1 segments to move over.  Only the first PR1 segment gets copied to the destination, any subsequent PR1 segments get lost.

Here is the pathcopy from the xlate:

0(0).PR1 -> 1(0).0(0).PR1

Other segments that are using this same syntax seem to be copied over just fine, for example, all of the DG1 segments are moved.

0(0).DG1 -> 0(0).DG1

How do I get all of the PR1 segments to move over to the destination?

Thanks,

–dennis

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Dennis,

Even with PATHCOPY, you still need to ITERATE over the repeating element(s) (Group, Segment, etc.).

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Dennis Dunn
      Participant

Hello, Jim.  That’s what I was thinking I would need to do.  

Now, since I want to copy over all of the PR1 segments from the source I think that I need to use the “segment” iteration type and my basis for the ITERATE action is 0(0).PR1.  

I have a PATHCOPY as the action to be perform on each iteration as

0(0).PR1(%s1) -> 1(0).0(0).PR1(%s1)

I expected each PR1 segment from the source to be copied to the destination group but I am only getting the first segment.

I will go back to my Level 1 notes and the user guide but if you have any more clues, I’d appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for your time,

–dennis

Dennis Dunn
      Participant

Hello again,

I figured out what I was doing wrong,  I needed to specify the pathcopy as

0(0).PR1(%s1) -> 1(0).0(%s1).PR1(0)

Thanks again for your help.

–dennis

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags