Output to file from Testing Tool tcl

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Output to file from Testing Tool tcl

• Creator
    Topic
    Timothy O’Donnell
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I have files with a few thousand lines each that I’m running through a tcl to translate from flat file to HL7. When I run it through the interface I created (file to file), it takes hours and hours to translate one file (because of how many lines each has.) When I run the same file through the tcl Testing Tool, it takes a minute or two to translate everything to screen. However, if I test it to output file, the file has a string of numbers before each MSH.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Is there anyway for me to run the tcl Testing Tool with attributes that will give me an output file with the HL7 messages, separated by a CR, no MESSAGE # or numbers in between?</p>

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paul Bishop
      Participant

hcitpstestsavebydisp has some arguments you can use to change the style the file is saved as.  put “{STYLE nl}” in the arguments.  Default is the length encoded file that you are seeing.

There is also the BASE argument which puts a prefix on the file.

Paul Bishop
      Carle Foundation Hospital
      Urbana, IL

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Should be a script I wrote many moons ago that will translate the length encoded file to newline, len_10_nl.  Run with no args for help.

I may have to redo for 19.1 as the perl library seems to have changed.  Should be OK for 5.8

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Processing through the interface shouldn’t be that much slower than through testing tool. Check your Read Interval and Max Messages in the fileset-local protocol.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags