Outbound Thread Setup

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Outbound Thread Setup

• Creator
    Topic
    Gerand Fontenot
    Participant

I have an outbound tread that disconnects once a day. I have to stop and start it because I have it setup on the outbound tab  inbound replies to await for replies with setting of -1 for timeout.  I also have the outbound data setup with retries with -1 and interval 15.  I would like some clarification on how does does retries work if I change the await for replies to 10 for timeout.  If the remote system disconnects and reconnects will engine retry the same message over and over until it gets a reply because of the -1 settings on the retries.  If someone could explan how this all works and how it works if the remote device disconnects and how it works if I stop and start the tread.  

Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Michael Hertel
      Participant

We set our up as:

Retries -1 (retries forever, will not skip to the next message)

Interval 30

Timeout 30 (resend if no reply for 30 seconds)

Gerand Fontenot
      Participant

If the connection status is open does it try to resend and que up the resend messages or does it try to resend only if the thread status is up.

James Cobane
      Participant

If the connection status is ‘opening’, the engine will not try to send/re-send as it doesn’t have an active connection; the data will just queue.  Once the connection is re-established, Cloverleaf will then send/re-send.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Gerand Fontenot
      Participant

What is the difference between the interval and the timeout?  Thanks

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

The interval is for protocol write failures.

The timeout is for when the protocol write occurred and an acknowledgment (reply) is expected.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Gerand Fontenot
      Participant

Thanks for all help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags