Outbound Replies Send Fail TPS to trigger

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Outbound Replies Send Fail TPS to trigger

• Creator
    Topic
    Gary Holodnick
    Participant

We have one sender that randomly closes the connection after sending the message but prior to receiving the ACK message. The process log shows the  closed connection and that the ACK message failed to send. I was hoping to use the “Outbound Replies Send Fail” UPOC to catch and deal with this situation. I am able to recreate the scenario in test but the Send Fail UPOC never seems to fail. I have Retries = 0 and Interval = 0.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I don’t think SendFail UPoC will be activated in this case.

I suspect your Pending Count on the IB thread goes to 1 (or at least greater than zero) when this happens.

Does the source system reconnect immediately or does the thread indicate Opening?

If the thread indicates Opening, I think you could detect the situation systemically via Alert checking either for a Pending Count or the thread being in an Opening state.

When the reconnect finally occurs does the Source system resend the message for which the previous Ack was not delivered or does it move on?

Obviously the Source system should be corrected to not do this if at all possible.

Not part of your question but what do you want to do when this situation is detected?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Sen Fail is trigger if a failure at the protocol level.  Never happens with TCPIP.  Used to be useful in the old days of serial ports.

The obvious solution would be to get your sender to fix his problem 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags