ORU with embedded html

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf ORU with embedded html

• Creator
    Topic
    Gina Borden
    Participant

I need some help with an HL7 ORU message with an embedded html.  Somehow I need to be able to reformat that embedded html, to a regular ORU.  Is anyone doing this or know of program or system that can do this?  None of our receiving systems can handle these embedded files.

I am attaching a sample.

Thanks in advance,

Gina

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Vaughn Skinner
      Participant

Looks like the message has end of line quoted (x000d) These need to be mapped back to r and then use something that can parse the MIME formatting and provide you the attachments.  The last section is html that you could parse out the fields and put them into an hl7 message.

Do you know what your ORU output needs to look like?  ie can you convert these sections to notes or do you need to convert each line into OBX segments with results?

It looks like the first mime attachment is not HTML.  Depending upon your output requirements, you might be able to just pass the entire first attachment through as a plain text note.

Gina Borden
      Participant

I have never dealt with anything like this.

Vaughn Skinner
      Participant

Look at the OBX-5 and then look for these headers below, there is one for each MIME attachment.

=_NextPart_000_004F_01CDD23C.28674660X000d

Content-Type: text/html;X000d

charset=”Windows-1252″X000d

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bitX000d

Here is a tcl library for handling mime.  I’ve not used it, but it is where I would start.  http://wiki.tcl.tk/779  I’ve used perl modules for handling MIME and they parse the message and provide each attachment back as different elements in an array.  Then I would process/save each one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags