ORU message OBX segment variation

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Tcl Library ORU message OBX segment variation

• Creator
    Topic
    John Bass
    Participant

Our dictation system sends transcribed reports as an HL7 v2.2 ORU^R01 message.  Each line of the report is sent as a separate OBX segment (OBX|1|, OBX|2|, OBX|3|. etc.).  I need to send the results to a system that expects each line of the transcribed report as a repetition of the OBX-5 field (OBX|1|TX|||line1~ ~line2~ ~line2~ ).  Does anyone have a tcl proc that does something like this or can point me in the right direction?  I’m a tcl newbie so any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Connie Kraska
      Participant

I have done this.  email me – connie.kraska@tmcaz.com and I will send you my code.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

John,

Unless you are absolutely committed to using Tcl, this can easily be done inside the Xlate without any Tcl.

Simply ITERATE over the OBX group as usual and use the OBX counter asd te field counter for OBX-5.

Rather easy assuming basic knowledge of ITERATE and address pathing.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Connie Kraska
      Participant

yes, I was going to send the whole translation, but it is just this iterate to put it all into one OBX.5.  yuo may have to remove the other OBXs or define your variant with a non-recurring OBX.

{ { OP ITERATE }

{ BASIS 0(0).OBX }

{ VAR %f1 }

{ TYPE segment }

{ BODY {

{ { OP COMMENT }

{ COMMENT {LOOP THROUGH ALL} }

}

{ { OP COPY }

{ ERR 0 }

{ IN 0(0).OBX(%f1).#5(0) }

{ OUT {{1(0).OBX(0).#5(%f1).[0]}} }

}

}}

}

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Tcl Library’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags