one OBX to multiple

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf one OBX to multiple

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Bond
    Participant

Does anyone know of an easy way to take a transcription message that outputs all the text in one OBX-5 field and translate it to output in multiple OBX segments?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If the OBX-5 field is repeating (meaning it was built by the sending system with the field repetition separator defined in MSH-2 present) then simply ITERATE on the field and construct a new OBX segment with each repetition.

Otherwise it will depend on how the OBX-5 field is constructed by the sending system. Many vendors do it many different ways.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Anonymous
      Participant

Jason,

Here’s a procedure that I wrote some time ago to handle a similar situation.  It’ll take a little study but it takes a text blob from a source field and breaks it up into multiple obx’s.  It actually fills in three fields; the set id, the value type and the text field.  It uses xpm and a loop to store the fields because there’s nothing to iterate on.

Dianna Braden
      Participant

Greg, like your tcl – but am not putting it in the proper place – appears to do as expetcted – but my last output is the last sized field – any hints as to what the destination side should look like?  Also do you expect to be in a interate when you do this?  Maybe I am missing something

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags