Number Wheel solution

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Number Wheel solution

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon Blanchard
    Participant

I saw the following statement in an email and was wondering if someone could offer some insight into the ‘Number Wheel’ solution:

Quote:

There is a “Number wheel” solution you can build within Cloverleaf that will let you use one test instance of Cloverleaf to support multiple test, POC, training, and integrated test environments

We will be using Cloverleaf version 6.1.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Migration Consultant
    Coffee Regional Medical Center
    Eastern Time Zone

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      aaron kaufman-moore
      Participant

We have a strategy for connecting with our Epic system’s multiple test/staging environments where we have dedicated port ranges for each environment that no other thread may use.  When we need to test against a different Epic environment, we run a script that will stop each process on a site then run a sed command on the NetConfig to change just those port numbers and restart the sites against the different Epic test environment.

Jon Blanchard
      Participant

Thanks, Aaron.

Ardent is in the beginning stages of implementing the full Epic suite; I and my team are getting ourselves educated on Bridges and are waiting to see what interfaces will be needed.

From a non-Epic implementation team member at another Epic site, we heard about “a ‘Super-ADT’ transaction that she says includes every single value / detail item for a long-term patient that all goes through at one time during a transition of care scenario” that will “choke an elephant if you don’t build for it properly.”

Did you encounter such an ADT at Cone Health and, if so, how did you configure the engine to handle it?

Thanks again.

Migration Consultant
      Coffee Regional Medical Center
      Eastern Time Zone

David Barr
      Participant

We use Epic, and we have a lot of interfaces between Epic and Cloverleaf. In production things are simple because we only have one Epic environment. In test we have about three different environments that connect to one Cloverleaf server: POC, TST and REL.

We handle this by having a dedicated MRN range for each Epic environment. On the Epic to Cloverleaf interfaces, we run inbound threads on Cloverleaf with the multi-server option enabled. This allows us to have one inbound Cloverleaf thread that can handle multiple environments.

On the outbound interfaces, the source inbound threads that need to route to Epic are connected to an outbound thread for each Epic environment. Each of these outbound threads has a TCL proc on the outbound TPS that compares the thread name to the MRN in the message and kills the message if the environments don’t match. We use thread names like epoc_path_res_out, etst_path_res_out, etc. and we are consistent in how we name threads so that we can use the same filtering proc on all of our Epic interfaces.

aaron kaufman-moore
      Participant

I’m not an expert on Epic ADT but I believe some of the merge transactions will spit out an update for every encounter a patient has ever had in the system.  What got us more was the activities done by some batch jobs, we look closely at transactions with specific users in EVN-5 when they first come into Clovlerleaf and handle those accordingly.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags