NTE Not repeating

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf NTE Not repeating

• Creator
    Topic
    Collin Praster
    Participant

I am having an issue with an NTE not repeating, I have included screen shots.  Thanks in advance.  The first NTE is there but I can not get the second to show.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Collin Praster
      Participant

This is 2.4 to 2.5.1

Collin Praster
      Participant

Sorry one more screen shot the actual results of the xlate

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Try removing the field repetition from the NTE in the address path (both sides) in your PATHCOPY.

Ex ….NTE rather than …. NTE(0)

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Collin Praster
        Participant

That worked, can you give me a quick explanation as to why that worked if you don’t mind and have an extra minute.   Thanks

Jim Kosloskey
        Participant

With PATHCOPY and a repeating element (at least Segment and Field – I have not tried Group) if there is a Repetition position specified the tokenizer/parser expects either an absolute value or a % reference.

But if you leave off the repetition position then PATHCOPY has a feature where it will COPY all elements of all repetitions at that level – unless the variants don’t match up or unless PATHCOPYing from one node to another (like Group to segment or one segment to a different type of segment).

It is just the way PATHCOPY was written.

I suggest you add comments so the next person (or even you later on) who works on this section of code doesn’t have to remember this non-obvious feature.

Personally I don’t use PATHCOPY in this way just because I like the control of specifying the ITERATE and the self documenting that presents. Just a personal preference.

This is one of the topics I cover in my Xlate ITERATE Class.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

NTE is not a repeating group, but a repeating segment inside the group {[OBX] {[NTE]}}.

So you need another %g3 iteration within the %g2 iteration and then

PATHCOPY 1(0).1(%g1).1(%g2).NTE(%g3) -> 1(0).1(%g1).3(%g2).NTE(%g3)

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Collin Praster
        Participant

I couldnt get this to work but I totally could be doing something wrong.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags