notes directory disappearing

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Operating Systems notes directory disappearing

• Creator
    Topic
    Jaye Costello
    Participant

Has anyone else had the issue where their entire notes directory (and all directories under it) disappear from a site?  Luckily I was able to grab copies from a back-up server.  If you have had this happen … what was the cause?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

Yes I’ve had it disaapear but was a result of me modifying the NetConfig on the backend and not using the GUI to do all my NetConfig modifications.

Specifically I think I had a NetConfig_golive file and copied it to the active NetConfig on the backend at the time of golive which left the notes directory behind.

Charlie Bursell has even given up editing the NetConfig on the back end so I hear and when I saw this I decided to slow down on doing it myself.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I have had it appear to occur when I renamed a staged netconfig.  It also renamed the notes/Netconfig directory if I recollect correctly to the staged name something like notes/NetConfig_staged(whatever I named it).  I then manually in my case I renamed it back to recover it.  It has been a while, but I think that is what happened.  In any event I just needed to correct the paths.

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Need explanation of this. so as to have a good approach on staging in NetConfigs. 😯

Simone Heckmann
      Participant

Hi Jaye,

I’ve seen this happening in CL 5.6 and 5.7 Windows as well as Red Hat installations.

I’ve never been able to reproduce what caused it. Notes just seemed to vanish randomly after making changes in NetConfig.

But afaik this problem is fixed in CL 5.8.3 (or maybe a sooner revision)

Which version are you using?

Best regards,

Simone

Jaye Costello
      Participant

I am version 5.6.  Getting ready to move to 5.8 on a new server.

Carol Peterson
      Participant

I am at 5.8 and Notes do not save at all on the thread.  We had a tech leave that was the interface manager and he made notes on all of the threads and saved.  They showed on the treads (the notepad icon) until he closed and reopened and they were gone.

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Thanks Keith, you’ve highlighted something that has stumped me since moving to 5.7 but have been to busy to look at.  I’ve just been copying the original notes directory manually after moving the staging file.  Looking back on my test server I have all these extra Notes directories named after my staged NetConfigs 😮

Robert, I just did a quick test but basicly when you create a copy of the netconfig in the qui for staging it will create a notes directory of the same name.  For example I created a staged NetConfig called NetConfig_test and found a new notes directory with all the notes called NetConfig_test.

So, we have to remember to not only copy over the staged copy of the NetConfig now but the staged copy of the Notes directory it seems.

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags