Non Standard HL7 – ORC

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Non Standard HL7 – ORC

• Creator
    Topic
    James Newsome
    Participant

I having an issue with a non-standard HL7 format.  User is sending 1 ORC segment, but have 2 OBR segments.  OBR are like a parent and child.  Cloverleaf is looking for the other ORC, but since it’s’ not there I’m getting an error and it’s ignoring the rest of the message.  How can I code around this?  I’ve tried several different ways and still get the same error…..The # 6 segment encountered ‘OBR’ is out of order when parsing hl7 Segment ignored.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Keith McLeod
      Participant

Have you tried making the ORC segment optional.  All of the paths should still work.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

First what does their doc say the structure should be?

You will need to make your variant (or construct one if you don’t have one) matches what they say their message structure is.

Depending on the HL/7 Version level and the Message/Event Type the ORC can be an optional segment in the ORC/OBR Group.

What Message/Event Type and what HL/7 Version (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3.1, etc.)?

You need to make sure what is being used as a message layout (Variant) by Cloverleaf matches their structure for the Message/Event Type and Version.

If you would like to work on this off-line, email me.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I would take the time to verify the structure.

You might get by the ORC issue by just changing something only to run into another issue.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags