No message received alert

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf No message received alert

• Creator
    Topic
    Carl Tosi
    Participant

I’m trying to configure an alert where if there is no messages being received by our EMR, that an email is sent out.

I’ve set up the alert type as ‘last receive’. I’ve been using different combinations of the source count and comparing. This has only produced 2 types of results.

Ex:

I set the duration at 10 minutes. and I sent one adt message from our EMR at the 5 minute mark. I expected to see an email post at the 15 minute mark. However, with all of the different combinations, this would only produce an email at the 10 minute mark, (ignoring the fact that my messages was sent at the 5 minute mark), OR no email would be sent at all.

Does anyone have any info on how to configure this type of alert?

Thanks,

Carl Tosi

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paul Bishop
      Participant

We have one setup for a vendor sending us schedules that will alert us between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday through Friday if no messages have been received for 2 hours.  This is on version 6.1.1.  The alert type is “last receive” (lastr), you set your source as the thread receiving the messages, source count is all, compare is “> 7200” (in your case 600), duration is 15 minutes.  If the condition is met, then we have it execute two different scripts – one to page the group and one to email the group, and to also pop up a notification window.

Paul Bishop
      Carle Foundation Hospital
      Urbana, IL

Carl Tosi
      Participant

So the settings are:

Comparing is equal to the total amount of time that the alert runs

Duration is equal to how often the data base is queried?

Thanks,

Carl

Paul Bishop
      Participant

The comparing is the condition which triggers the alert, in this case how long, in seconds, it’s been since a message was last received.  

The duration is how long the condition must be satisfied in order to do the alert action.  If you set it to “Once”, it will alert as soon as the condition is satisfied.  If you set it to “N seconds” or “N minutes”, the condition must remain true for that interval before sending the alert.

If you want the alert continuously sent out until the condition no longer exists, you would setup the “Repeating:” section.  With this, you can send out the alert every “N” intervals, and set a maximum number of times it will do that.

So actually in our setup, it was setup to be 2 hours 15 minutes before alerting.  I just changed it to be a duration of Once so it is a true 2 hours.

Paul Bishop
      Urbana, IL

Carl Tosi
      Participant

Paul,

Thanks for the info. I have the alert set up just like I want to. Now, I have another question. In the time window, what values are they looking for? E.g., Months, Days, etc.

Thank you for your assistance.

Carl Tosi

Paul Bishop
      Participant

The time range is setup similar to a crontab entry if you’ve ever done that, but it can have a more complex setup if wanted.  It controls the times an alert can (or cannot, if the “Not” is checked) be sent out.

At the simplest, it is Seconds Minutes Hours Days Months WeekDays

• Seconds – this will always be an asterisk and should be auto-populated

Minutes – The minutes(s) of the hour.  This can be an asterisk meaning any minute value, a single number, a comma delimited list (no spaces), or a range.

Hours – The hour(s) of the day.  This can be an asterisk, a single number, a comma delimited list, or a range.

Days – The day(s) of the month.  This can be an asterisk, a single number, a comma delimited list, or a range.

WeekDays – The day(s) of the week.  0=Sunday and 6=Saturday.  This can be an asterisk, a single number, a comma delimited list, or a range.

• Default is asterisk on all fields.

So for my setup of only wanting to be alerted from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday, the entry would look like this:

• * * 08-18 * * 1-5
    • 08-18 is the hours value, 1-5 is the WeekDays field.

You can also set it up to have combinations of all of these things using the GUI to build the Time Window.  That is accessible with the “…” button to the right of the Time Window.  In the GUI, the “By Event Time” entries is more manual and follows the syntax I described above.  I’ve never used the “By Range” entries, but with that you can have more complex time windows setup.  For instance the following was built using the GUI:

• 1/9:00-17:00/*/* 2-4/8:00-18:00/*/* 5/8:00-16:00/*/*
    • is Monday from 9 AM-5 PM, Tuesday-Thursday 8 AM-6 PM, and Friday 8 AM- 4 PM.

Paul Bishop
      Urbana, IL

Carl Tosi
    Participant

I set the alert time using the gui. What I have noticed is that you cant run 2 different time ranges on the same day, (i.e. 4-7 a.m. and 7-10 pm.)

I had to create to separate alerts for this.

Thanks for all of your help.

Carl tosi

James Cobane
    Participant

Carl,

I believe you should be able to configure multiple time frames for the same day.  On the “Range Time Window”, add multiple time ranges on the “Time Range” tab.  (see attached screen shot).  Note, this is on 6.1.1

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Carl Tosi
    Participant

Jim,

We are on 6.0.0. I configured the alert exactly as you have in your screen shot. I could not get this to work. Perhaps this was fixed between 6.0 and 6.1?

Thank you for your input.

Carl Tosi

Robert Kersemakers
    Participant

You can’t put in

Code:

4-6,19-21

in ‘Hours’? That should do the trick.

Realise that if you put in ‘*’ for ‘Minutes’ then ‘4-6’ for Hours will give you every minute from 4:00 till 6:59.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Carl Tosi
    Participant

Robert,

I had configured the alert with multiple times just like the prior post suggested. I tested this multiple times and could not get it to work. The multiple days functionality works, but not the times.

I appreciate all of the input. The responses received were more helpful than I got from support.

Thanks,

Carl

James Cobane
    Participant

Found this link on Infor Extreme that has a document outlining the Time Window configuration in Alerts:

https://www.inforxtreme.com/espublic/EN/AnswerLinkDotNet/SoHo/main/SoHodashboard.aspx?reason=lt&UserName=MFoGCSsGAQQBgjdYA6BNMEsGCisGAQQBgjdYAwGgPTA7AgMCAAECAmYDAgIAwAQINxifNDvGr30EEJJwqZlrPjbUy2dfcY7Nc9gEEEmnxM1w5hNDjPiEla4cACQ%3d#

Also attached the document associated with the link just in case the link doesn’t work.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Carl Tosi
    Participant

Hey Jim,

Thanks for info. This is the same documentation that was given to me by support. By looking at the time window function, it looks pretty intuitive and very similar to running cron jobs. I tried quite a few times to get 2 different time ranges loaded up onto 1 alert. It wouldn’t work for me, What did work was creating another alert, using the same parameters and the same day, but used different range times. That worked for me. I don’t know if it’s the version of cloverleaf we are on or me.  ðŸ˜›

Thank you sir.

Carl Tosi

Brenda Carpenter
    Participant

We have many alerts as well, on CL 6.1.2 but most of the ones we have we copied over from CL 6.0 and still work fine.

A last send we have Coded with multiples; This alert will trigger Sat-Sun, 4a-11:30p and M-F 12:30a-5:30a/7:30p-11:30p,:

0,6/4:00-23:30/*/* 1-5/0:30-5:30,19:30-23:30/*/*

or

A last read, triggers Mon-Fri 7:30 am to 6:00 pm

1-5/7:30-18:00/*/*

Another example of inbound last read, Alert triggers Sat-Sun 7am-6pm and Mon-Sun 12:30am-7am and 6:30pm-11:30pm:

0,6/7:00-18:00/*/* */18:30-23:30/*/*

Hope this helps.

Brenda

Carl Tosi
    Participant

Brenda,

I have attached a screenshot of how I have put in multiple times on each day. The time window looks just like everyone has described to me. I have added the times, hit the include +, saved the default.alrt, and have bounced the NetMonitor.

I still cannot get multiple times to occur on one alert.

Thanks,

carl

Brenda Carpenter
    Participant

Hmm.. the only thing I see different is that our alerts have the Comparing set to greater than or equal to >= rather than just greater than >

You can try that out, and maybe just code the day parameter to every day, 0-6, we have them set both ways with an asterisk and some have 0,6.

But now that I’ve thought about it, how do I know that ours are working 100%, unless we happen to have a problem that would have these fire off..

If I can find time tomorrow, I will try to test out a couple alerts and get back to you.

🙂

Carl Tosi
    Participant

Brenda,

Did you ever get the time to check to see if your alerts were functioning as you thought they were?

Thanks,

Carl Tosi

Brenda Carpenter
    Participant

No, sorry, I didn’t, I have it on my list for today.. will keep you posted.

Brenda Carpenter
    Participant

Hi Carl,

I was able to test this today.. and it worked for me.  I tested your format of a range with asterisk first, then three ranges, all three worked fine –  and I was “comparing > ”  – I also tested this format below which also worked fine after manipulating the time parameters.  I changed the email message each time to ensure I was getting the right saved alert, I tested both last send and last receive alerts:

1/8:00-15:30/*/* 1/15:45-17:30,19:30-23:30/*/*

Also, I did not have to recycle the net monitor or anything else, once I saved the alert itself, it took effect.  Sorry I couldn’t help you much.  Maybe take a look at your alert email setup for incorrect email address or something else?

Brenda

• Viewing 17 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forums

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
    Forums
    Topics
    Replies
    Topic Tags
    Empty Topic Tags