new to X12 and need Help

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf new to X12 and need Help

• Creator
    Topic
    Garry Whitley
    Participant

I am new to the X12 thing… and I am struggling.  I have ~15K 835 files and I am really struggling to get them to parse in Cloverleaf.  They all have an ISA, GS, ST to start each file.  I believe the ISA file is causing the problem but I am a little out of my depth.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Garry

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

email me and I will try to help you through this.

However, you need to use a proc called hcix12splitinterchange (anyway the name is close to that if not exact). on the Inbound thread Inbound Tps.

What that does is to split off the X12 ‘envelope’ and place the data in each messages metadata.

If you say each file has ISA GS ST 835 SE GE and IAE then you would want to give the split interchange proc an argument of GS so that it gives you from the ST through the SE for each message.

Then assuming the 835s aree to come out X12, you need to place a proc called hcix12buildinterchange (or a similar name) in the Outbound Thread Outbound TPS. This proc adds the saved off envelope information onto each ST through SE.

If you have a batch file such that there are more than one set of ST through SE 835s per file you will need to set IDE Batch X12 configuration (I believe that is on the Inbound and Outbound Tabs of the respective threads).

Hopefully you are well versed in ITERATES as X12 is a lot of repetitions.

If you still would like to chat off line email me and I will try to help.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags