Netmonitor Firewall issues

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Netmonitor Firewall issues

• Creator
    Topic
    John Mercogliano
    Participant

We are currently running 5.2.1p2 on HP-UX 11.11.  Our Lan is upgraded the VPN we use to work from home which will include a firewall and the Windows Network Monitor Gui no longer works.  I have given them port 13009 to open but it still does not work.  Does anyone know what else needs to be done?  I have noticed through netstat that when I open up a site it appears my computer also connects to the cmd_port for the site and those ports are in the ephemeral range.  I’m wondering if we have to open all those ports also.

Thanks,

John Mercogliano
    Sentara Healthcare
    Hampton Roads, VA

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Todd Lundstedt
      Participant

We noticed the same thing.. there is another port that needs to be opened.  We didn’t tie it to the cmd_port for the site.  That’s good to know.

We have given up trying to get it to work though a port-locked firewall.  Command-line is your friend, but it sure makes development changes hard!

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Ok, I’m starting to get depressed 😥 .  I sent this to QDX also, so I hope they have an answer.   😯

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

James Cobane
      Participant

John,

Do they (LAN) really need to control it down to the port level?  Couldn’t they just open up all traffic for the IP of the Cloverleaf box?

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Jonathan Davis
      Participant

I have a similar issue with a CL 5.8 system that is on the other side of a firewall. I finally got the  IDE to open but every time I try to open a different configuration tool it tries to go through a different port! I opened a ticket back in January with support but never got a complete list of what ports the system will try to open so I have a completely ueless box unless I go back and request a firewall change until I’ve uncovered them all. Somebody has to have a list of the ports that will be used, PLEASE share.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags