Negative values in status panel

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Negative values in status panel

• Creator
    Topic
    Jacques B
    Participant

Hi,

I had big problems with an interface sending big files.  (.rtf, and sometimes .png)  It (and hopefully will) works ok.  

The problem was when we try to load old data.  I had a “batch” process to send old messages during night.  It worked ok for few days and then… dead!

There was 44961 messages pending.  And the bytes out and other stats we’re negative.  

The batch process won’t be used anymore, so I won’t have 45000 messages pending anymore but eventually the stat will become negative (I suppose when the integer is too big, the negative bit become 1 so a negative number)

binary(01111111) = 127  +1 = binary(10000000) = -128!

Except having bizarre stats, having a negative numbers of bytes can cause any problem???

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Participant

Jacques,

That’s pretty interesting to get numbers that high.  I’d have to say that I don’t know if there could be a problem.  It’s also interesting to see so many messages in and out.

Others should chime in but you might think about initializing your the statistics every so often.  Not because there might be a problem but because you might be able make use of them.  I’m aware that a few clients initialize once a day or once a week.  I wrote a script to save the current stats in a file and init the stats back to zero that a few clients run.  You never know when keeping a daily record of stats might come in handy.

What do others do?

Cheers,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags