need to use a table for a list of codes that have ^ in them

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf need to use a table for a list of codes that have ^ in them

• Creator
    Topic
    derek march
    Participant

I have a site that sends us facility codes in the format xx^xxxx.  Of course since the ^ is the sub-field delimiter this is proving trickier than i had hoped.

as it stands i get eh^ehmp in msh-4 and I get a unique, more specific code in PV1-3.1 like EHHCTDIH.  In the xlate when the code in PV1-3.1 matches the if statement than the code is run through a table.  The table takes whatever code is in PV1-3.1 and replaces it with a new code that is then supposed to be placed in MSH-4.  For example one of the output codes would be eh^ehmp1

Unfortunately after running the xlate/table i tend to get something like this…

MSH-4: eh^ehmp1^ehmp

This isn’t altogether shocking.  At the suggestion of a friend I tried to set the table t convert like this…

source:

0(0).PV1(0).#3(0).[0]

@null

@null

destination:

0(0).MSH(0).#4(0).[0]

0(0).MSH(0).#4(0).[1]

0(0).MSH(0).#4(0).[2]

This, oddly, got me the output of eh^ehmp1^ehsudneork.  the last piece is the first code on the source side of the table.  Why the xlate decides that @null should become that code is beyond me.

Does anyone know a good way to blank out MSH-4 so that the table can place the eh^ehmp1 code in without adding extra sub-fields?

Let me know if I need to clarify any of this or post the xlate/table and a test encounter.

Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Austin Adams
      Participant

Although this suggestion requires a few extra lines, try this :

1.  Null out MSH.4 first on a COPY by itself.

source:

@null

@null

@null

destination:

0(0).MSH(0).#4(0).[0]

0(0).MSH(0).#4(0).[1]

0(0).MSH(0).#4(0).[2]

2. Store your table answer to a variable

0(0).PV1(0).#3(0).[0] -> tableLookup -> @pv1_tbl_value

3. Assign the variable to MSH.4

Source:

@pv1_tbl_value

Destination:

MSH.4

I know there is a more efficient way of doing this but I remind myself that I will have other people behind  me who will be looking at my work.

John Hamilton
      Participant

Or simple use a Pathcopy.

In @null

out 0(0).MSH(0).#4(0)

I have had unexplained issue, or I was to lazy to figure out with using just the copy command.  I have always had good luch with pathcopy to null out fields and segments.

derek march
      Participant

Looks like the pathcopy fixed it, seems so simple in retrospect.

Thanks for the responses!

Austin Adams
      Participant

Good tip! I’ll use it next time.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags