Need Help with Routing

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Need Help with Routing

• Creator
    Topic
    Alka Sharma
    Participant

I need to route A01, A04 and A08 event types thru a xlate. I do not want to create individual routes. So below is what I did but it is not working. Can someone tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

ADT_A0[148].*

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Alka,

You forgot to check the box “Wild Card Route”. This has to be enabled when you use a regular expression in your route.

Vince Angulo
      Participant

Question — is the dot-spat still needed when using this type of regexp in a wild-card route?

Thanks!

Alka Sharma
      Participant

I checked in the wild card route and it worked.

Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Vince,

The .* is not always necessary. It depends on the sending system. Some HIS systems will send other characters after the event code, so this allows to capture those extra characters.

For example, our system sends a version number after the event type, so I may get ADT_A01;41 instead of simply ADT_A01. The messages would go to the error database if I didn’t have the .* safety in place.

Vince Angulo
      Participant

Thanks Levy, that makes perfect sense.

I was thinking in Alka’s example, although the dot-splat fundamentally changes the meaning of the regular expression, it’s use here wasn’t relevant — I’m still at the ‘have to check the book everytime’ level with regexp’s so I had to ask.

Thanks again!

mike brown
      Participant

I do not know if you still need help with this but i think you might need a parenthesis around the route for it to work, i think it will work with or without, but here is what we have it set up as here with the wildcard button checked..

for ours

ADT_A(0[12348]|1[13678]|2[349]|3[06]|4[4])

for yours

ADT_A(0[148])

David Barr
      Participant

Mike Brown wrote:

I do not know if you still need help with this but i think you might need a parenthesis around the route for it to work, i think it will work with or without, but here is what we have it set up as here with the wildcard button checked..

for ours

for yours

ADT_A(0[148])

The parens are only needed on yours because of the pipe characters. He doesn’t need them on his.

Chad Flodman
      Participant

Follow regexp syntax for wildcard routing, ours are set up like:

ADT.A0[148]

or

ADT.A08[148]|ADT.A1[134]

I’ve had no issues with our routing following this syntax, we’re on 5.7Rev3.  Also, as already mentioned the wildcard route checkbox also has to be checked.

Best of luck…

mike brown
      Participant

CHAD REPLY –

Follow regexp syntax for wildcard routing, ours are set up like:

ADT.A0[148]

or

ADT.A08[148]|ADT.A1[134]

I’ve had no issues with our routing following this syntax, we’re on 5.7Rev3.

Chad Flodman
      Participant

Sorry typo second line example should be:

ADT.A0[148]|ADT.1[134]

jigar mehta
      Participant

We have at sherman ADT_A([0-4][1-8]) for each all ADT trigger starting from A01 to A48 (some of the event our HIS/ Cerner system doesn’t output trigger but it seems we have all inclusive  8) )

Thanks,

Jigar

Mike Brown wrote:

for ours

for yours

ADT_A(0[148])

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags