Multiple Sites – Best Practice

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Multiple Sites – Best Practice

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Benigno
    Participant

Hi,

I am in the process of doing an upgrade from CL 5.3 to CL 5.8 on Windows.

As our list of interfaces has grown we have been thinking of creating multiple Sites instead of just 2 (Test & Prod).

Are there any industry / CL best practices in deciding how to break things up?

The obvious is a group of interfaces or process that has no connection to any other process or interface.

But I was wondering if there is such a thing as too many sites.

Or a site with too few interfaces.

With the new site to site (I have not done it yet but expecting to use this) it makes it easier to separate some things out.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Daniel Lee
      Participant

Another thing to consider is who is going to be looking at the sites in the Net Monitor.  If you have an Operations staff or even just your interface analysts, it may get frustrating for them to have to have many Net Monitors open to get a global view of the interfaces at your organization.

Bevan Richards
      Participant

For what it’s worth, I was told my my McKesson support to keep it to a max of 12 threads / process. With a limit of 6 processes / site.

I am currently running 8 prod sites on 1 engine, 6 test sites on another engine.

I seperate things by source or target app. Just my way of doing it.

Chad Flodman
      Participant

There are many ways of approaching this topic most are the preference of your integration team.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags