multiple server protocol license

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf multiple server protocol license

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

All,

I am trying to determine if we have the license key activated for the multiple server TCP/IP protocol.

I see this in the license.dat file:

FEATURE cl-aom-server-socket …

But I don’t think that is the license for multiple server protocol.

How can I tell if it is licensed? Is there a way I can tell outside of interpreting the license.dat file?

CL 5.2P2 AIX

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mark Thompson
      Participant

Jim,

“FEATURE cl-aom-server-socket …” is what was added to my license file when I requested the multiple-server feature.  Works pretty slick for applications that don’t always close their connections cleanly, then want to reconnect.  We added a check on the inbound IP address to prevent test applications from connecting to an “open” port on production.

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mark,

Thanks. I took a chance that was it and defined a test for multi server.

It seemed to work so I then assumed the license key I described was correct.

Your response helps confirm that.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Tijen Ireland
      Participant

Mark Thompson wrote:

Jim,

“FEATURE cl-aom-server-socket …” is what was added to my license file when I requested the multiple-server feature.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Tijen,

I am not sure you can prevent the connection. I think all you can do is to KILL any messages from an unwanted connection. Perhaps alert someone via Page/Email that messages were being received from an unwanted connectio; perhaps even return an agreed upon acknowledgment indicating a problem.

I think if you want to control who connects to Cloverleaf you will need to deploy a firewall – after all that is what they are for.

Jim Kosloskey

Mark Thompson
      Participant

Jim is exactly right.  Each time an application connects to multi-server it recieves an new connection ID (connid).  We wrote a TPS proc that checks the connid of inbound messages.  If the TCP/IP address (actually the hostname) of the TCP/IP message matches a table entry for the thread we allow the message to continue.  If not, we kill the message and e-mail our support staff.

Since many of our applications “refresh” their test configuration from production, we were concerned about test applications attempting to connect to production engine ports.

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags