PV1
    [GT1]
    [{IN1}]
    [ORC]
    OBR
    [{NTE}]
    {DG1}
    {OBX}

When I do a bulkcopy in the translation it copies the value from the second NTE segment from the original message to both the NTE segments in the resulting message. How can I get the correct values for both the NTE segments in the resulting message?

Thanks
    Ron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Keith McLeod
      Participant

Your current variant would have the NTE segments at the 0(0). path.  NTE segments need to be grouped by highlighting the segment prior to it and selecting repeat or optional checkbox.  Ultimately they should have different addresses….  Happy Motoring!!!

MSH

[

PID

[{NTE}]

]

PV1

[GT1]

[{IN1}]

[ORC]

[

OBR

[{NTE}]

]

{DG1}

{OBX}

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I am assuming this is an Order or Result type message.

Your variant is mal formed.

At a minimum I think there should be an ORC Group where the second NTE definition properly lives. Maybe like this:

(

[ORC]
      OBR
      [{NTE}]
      {DG1}
      {OBX}

}

In most cases, I find the standard variant adequately describes most messages for most vendors (with the obvious exception of the Z segments and User fields). Even thought the vendors’ documentation does not seem to indicate that.

I would be happy to discuss how to work through that. This is part of the discussion I have in my Xlate Class. Just email me if you want to walk through that.

The reason you are getting an issue is both NTE segments in the variant you have are defined at the same address level. BULKCOPY will only use the first instance.

If you insist on keeping the variant as is, then there is a trick but you will have to abandon BULKCOPY. Also the trick may not work with every release of Cloverleaf – so I recommend either altering the variant you have or returning to the base message structure (as a variant) after assuring the structure indeed describes the message you need.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Ron Swain
        Participant

Keith,

Does it matter if you use the optional or repeat? I am concerned if I use the optional [ ] would it then allow for required fields to not be required?

Jim,

I am going to e-mail you to get more information about this translation class.

Thanks guys

Ron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags