Multi values in IF statement

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Multi values in IF statement

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark Rilling
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to look at multipule values with an IF statement…For example I have 100 OBX segments and I only want to copy ones with certain values.  I have it working for just 1 value.  can I add more to a single IF statement:

0(0).OBX(%s1).00571.[%s1] eq =xxx

Is it possible to have it look for xxx AND yyy or do I need seperate IF statements?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Mark,

You can check for multiple values within the same IF; you just need to repeat the condition (separated by logical OR – the pipe symbols || ) with the new comparison value:

(0(0).OBX(%s1).00571.[%s1] eq =xxx) || (0(0).OBX(%s1).00571.[%s1] eq =yyy)

I’d also recommend parenthesizing the conditions.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Mark Rilling
      Participant

I’ll give it a try

Thank you!

Mark Rilling
      Participant

THX again for the help.  The ( ) seemed to be required, as it did not work w/o them.    Any suggestions on the best way to block unpopulated OBX segments (no value in field 5) and re-number the remaining OBX so they are sequencial?

James Cobane
      Participant

Mark,

You can use a different iteration variable on the ouput field (i.e. %s2) and increment that only when you actually perform a copy based on OBX:5 being valued.  So, your COPY statement will look something like:

COPY (0(0).OBX(%s1).00571.[0] –> (0(0).OBX(%s2).00571.[0]

(not sure of the actual field numbers, but same concept)

And you’ll perform a MATH operation after your copy statement, with the following input values:

$%s2

=1

and the output value will be:  $%s2

You can reference/manipulate the actual value of the iteration variable by preceding it with the $ sign.  So, you’re using a new iteration variable (%s2) on the output side which is only being incremented when the condition (OBX:5 != @null) is true.  Hope this makes sense.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags