Multi-server bounces after restart

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Multi-server bounces after restart

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Strout
    Participant

I have an outbound document feed from an Epic EPS server to Cloverleaf. The EPS server is a multi-threaded application, so I configured the connection for Multi-Server in the PDL-TCPIP protocol.

When I restart the process in Network Monitor, the inbound thread just bounces between opening and up until I stop and start the Epic side. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Mike,

Are you sure that the “opening/up” isn’t just because Epic is connecting, sending, and disconnecting when sending the queued documents?  We have the Outbound documention interface from Epic feeding our Cloverleaf and this is the behaviour we experience; i.e. Epic connects, sends, disconnects.  We never see a persistant connection from Epic.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

William Rowley
      Participant

That is “normal” Epic behavior. EPS breaks the connection after each message – giving the Up/Opening flapping. The Bridges comm daemon will only connect when started or when it has a plain-text message to send. Unless there is a plain text message to be sent the comm daemon will not reconnect after the process is cycled.

Mike Strout
      Participant

Interesting. I wondered if that might be the case, but it is curious that if I restart the comm daemon in Epic after restarting the process, it stays in an UP state in Cloverleaf. I wonder if Bridges actually connects when I restart the comm daemon, even though it is EPS that should be connecting? It does have the connection parameters in the interface configs.

Mike

William Rowley
      Participant

In my experience the comm daemon does actually connect to Cloverleaf. For a time we had both plain-text and RTF reports coming from the Outgoing Documentation interface – the plain-text messages came into Cloverleaf via the comm daemon connection while the RTF messages came in via the EPS connection. You can use netstat to confirm that there is a connection from the comm daemon even though there is no traffic.

Mike Strout
      Participant

I had my weekly meeting with my Epic TS and he said that the Epic comm daemon is only necessary if I am sending plain text. I am not, so I went into the text configuration for the interface and removed the IP and port settings and then set the background monitor to not check the comm daemon. This prevents the interface from even trying to connect to Cloverleaf.

Thanks all for your help.

Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags