Moving from RS6000 AIX to VMWare Linux Red Hat

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Operating Systems Moving from RS6000 AIX to VMWare Linux Red Hat

• Creator
    Topic
    Eileen Pitts
    Participant

We would like to move from running our Cloverleaf on an RS6000 with AIX5.3 QDX5.7 to running in VM world with Red Hat Linux QDX5.current.  Does anyone have any information on how I will accomplish this? I will need the hardware specs.  I will order the newest QDX but can I tar up the site from AIX and send to Linux?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Michael Walcheski
      Participant

Hello Eileen,

I’ve tested this about a year ago, you just need to get the Cloverleaf media for RedHat and install on your new hardware. You will also need a new license key for the new server. I was able to tar the sites to the new server and use the hcisitepromote utility to restore the old sites on the new server. This is all well documented with the release notes.

Good luck!

Michael Walcheski

Application Integration Manager

Medisys Health Network

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center

Informatics Department, Epic

Phone 718.206.5972

Alice Kazin
      Participant

We went from HPUX 5.7 to Linux 5.7.  We just tared up our files and moved them to the new box.

Eileen Pitts
      Participant

Since I want the new server on a more current version of QDX would I first load the new server with 5.7(which is the version we are currently running), then get the tarred file, then after that is good upgrade to QDX5.8?

Michael Walcheski
      Participant

We went from QDX 5.3 to QDX 5.8 directly without a problem. I don’t think it is necessary to do an interim upgrade. Just use the utilities that are called out in the upgrade procedure doc.

Mike Walcheski

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Operating Systems’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags