More entries posted to .err on an open connection under 6.0?

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf More entries posted to .err on an open connection under 6.0?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jim Beall
    Participant

We’ve just started playing around with 6.0.2 on a new Linux box (we’re currently on HP UX 5.6) and I’m seeing what I think is new behavior with outbound threads in an opening state.

For some, but not all, threads I see these messages logged every five seconds in process-level .err files :

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:     CNR_CDIS:10/23/2014 11:28:42] read returned error 0 (Success)

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:     CNR_CDIS:10/23/2014 11:28:42] PDL signaled exception: code 1, msg device error (remote side probably shut down)

I don’t believe this happens in 5.6; I believe I only see it logged once when the thread goes to an opening state not every five seconds.  And, again, I don’t see this with every outbound thread in an opening state; just some of them.  This seems to be new with 6.0.  Is this new behavior?  Why some threads but not all?  And is the frequency related to the thread’s Auto-Reconnect options (looks to me like it is)?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Yves Guerin
      Participant

Dear,

Yes we saw that in 5.8 under AIX, it’s normal, the remote serveur lost the connexion or close the connexion.

The frequency is from the 5 seconds reconnect, see the outbound tab.

Regards,

Yves

Jim Beall
      Participant

Did you see it with all your outbounds or just some?  I still don’t understand why I don’t see it from all outbounds although there’s a possibility the ones I don’t see it happening on are all VPN connections (need to check that).

Yves Guerin
      Participant

Dear,

With just some outbound connexions, sometime the server goes down or closed connexion and my outbound connexion will retry to connect to every 5 seconds, so we don’t care much now as soon as the queue depth did not goes over the thresold (alert, aroud 100 messages in the queue, depending of the system) 😉

Regards,

Yves

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags