Modifying existing xlate to route messages appropriately

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Modifying existing xlate to route messages appropriately

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert Hamilton
    Participant

I’ve an existing thread with an ORM translation that currently xlates and routes messages to SYSTEM A.  The order control segment (0(0).MSH.00010)of the inbound messages now contains an element which determines whether the messages should be either xlated and routed to SYSTEM A or just routed to new SYSTEM B, hence the need for the routing modifcation.

If the segment contents begin with the literal strings ORDERE- or CANE-,  the message should be routed only to SYSTEM B, but should not be xlated and routed to SYSTEM A.  If the message segment begins with any other string (ORDERU-, CANU-, QSTAT-) , it should be xlated and routed only to SYSTEM A.

I’m stumped how to best handle this modification as I relatively inexperienced in writing/using TCL code and TCL code fragments.  I think the best solution is to read the first  6 or 7 characters of the segment and  make routing decisions based upon the comparison to the above literals.  May I ask for a few hints/suggestions?

Regards,

Bob Hamilon

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Participant

I would just use a simple TRXID proc to break down the message, and pull the element that you want, then set your routes appropriately.  So MSGA value = foo then trxid = foosysa

MSGB value = bar then trxid = barsysb

Just remember that the value you set to the return of trxId is case sensitive, so make sure your return and the value in the route detail for the xlate/destination you want are the same.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags