MLLP?

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark Brown
    Participant

Is there a difference between MLLP and MLP?  According to a call I just got off from, we’ll be sending data to a remote facility.  But instead of using a VPN or sending a flat file via ftp, they’re wanting to use MLLP, a SSL certificate and connect through http.  The person I was talking to couldn’t answer any of my questions and said a “technical person” would contact me later.

I’ve never really paid any attention to the SSL check box in the protocol properties.  Is this fairly straight forward to set up?  I’m completely unfamiliar with this kind of connection.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Simone Heckmann
      Participant

Hi,

MLLP usually means, that you need to use the pdl-tcpip protocol with “mlp_tcp.pdl” as PDL.

In order to use the SSL feature you need to be licenced to use the secure server module in Cloverleaf.

In case you’re not licenced, cloverleaf will tell you so in the logs:

Code:

[prod:prod:INFO/0:       conn_1:06/01/2012 14:43:38] Applying EO config: ”
      You do not seem to be licensed to run Add-on Module cl-aom-ssl.
      Contact your Customer Service Representative for assistance.
      Exiting

Greetings

Simone

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mark,

In order to use SSL you will need to get a license from Healthvision. If you already have that license no problem.

I would be concerned however, if the vendor cannot answer your MLP questions whether they can acurrately describe their HTTPS exchange.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Mark Brown
      Participant

We probably don’t have a license since everything was grayed out.  And I didn’t exactly get any warm fuzzies that the vendor knows what they’re talking about.

Simone Heckmann
      Participant

It’s probably grayed out because the mode is “ClientAnon” by default. Change it to  “Client” and the fields will come alive.

Fun fact: The before mentioned error which occures when you’re not licenced to use the feature, prevents your process from starting up, hence you can’t access the logs on the IDE to find the information, that you’re missing the license.

You’ll probably have to dig out the logs from the file systems to confirm whether your licence is valid.

Greetings

Simone

Mark Brown
      Participant

I changed it to client and now “Certificate File”, “Private Key” and “Password” are now available.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mike,

But if you do not have the license it probably won’t execute.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags