Missing MSH and PID

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Missing MSH and PID

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel Chibaya
    Participant

I’m trying to create an Fileset-ftp outbound only thread and for whatever reason, I’m running into some issues.  Everything seems to be setup correctly and the file gets created in the ftp folder on the remote system, but its missing the MSH and PID segments.  What might I be missing.  

I have version 5.3P_REV3 running on Redhad Linux.  The ftp server is VSFTP also on Redhat.  

Thanks in advance for all your help

Daniel Chibaya

Network/Clinical Systems Analyst

Fremont-Rideout Health Group

Marysville, CA 95901

(530) 749-4595 (office)

(530) 749-4586 (fax)

http://www.frhg.org

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Daniel,

Are you saying the segments in question are missing in the file that sits on the foreign system or that they are missing when Cloverleaf(R) picks them up?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Daniel Chibaya
      Participant

They are missing on the foreign system

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Daniel,

Well there is not much you can or should do about that with Cloverleaf(R).

Tell the foreign system they are missing the segments and ask them to correct this.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Daniel Chibaya
      Participant

The file is coming out of my system and I’m sending it to the foreign system in raw form.  For whatever reason the headers get stripped out, but I’m not running this through any tps procs

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Daniel,

Oh – I misunderstood – I thought you were getting this file from the foreign system and the segments were missing when you received the messages.

Have you turned up the engine noise level and reviewed the log to see if there are any clues there?

So you have a source thread which provides the messages and you raw route them to a Fileset/FTP thread. Is that correct?

Is this a static raw route?

You have verified the messages you are receiving on the inbound thread have the segments?

Sorry again for my misunderstanding.

Jim Kosloskey

Daniel Chibaya
      Participant

Jim,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  The message looks good coming in, but for whatever reason it consistently loses the MSH and pid segments when the file is created.

Daniel Chibaya
      Participant

Update.  I just ftpd to a windows box and the file looks fine.  Anything weired about Redhat and vsftp that you know of?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Daniel,

I am sorry I am not versed in Linus – er Linux  🙄

Jim Kosloskey

James Cobane
      Participant

Daniel,

Is the MSH and PID truly missing, or is it just a display issue when you look at the file – sometimes the x0D causes the command line display to look incorrect because there isn’t a x0A to force the display to a new-line and thus you are only seeing the last line of the data.  Also, are you transferring the file as binary or text?

Just a thought.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags