Mind block on how to recv HL7 RP result and use SFTP thread to retrieve file

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Mind block on how to recv HL7 RP result and use SFTP thread to retrieve file

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Patton
    Participant

Hi,

All was well when I received a result pointer HL7 event and used the filename in the content to go pickup the file using an sftp call in a tcl routing script.

Then, we got secure messaging and I’m trying to use base functions to do the same thing.

The flow is:

1. Receive HL7 ORU event via mllp connection with patient meta data and file name to pickup
    2. Go pickup the file using SFTP, encode it and wrap HL7 around it with patient meta data from RP msg.

I’m thinking I need the mllp connection and the fileset ftp (SFTP) connections, but I’m not sure how to trigger the FTP (SFTP) read for ONLY the filename sent – and ONLY when I get the mllp ORU HL7 event.

Does this make sense and am I just missing something?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Barr
      Participant

I would probably write a TPS proc that gets the path from the original message and calls the openssh sftp command to download the file.

Tom Patton
      Participant

Thank you David – that is exactly what I had, but it didn’t have very good error recovery.

And now, the openssh libs of AIX don’t work with the Cloverleaf libs (Cloverleaf libs are newer).  So, I’m kind of suck.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

This might be doable but it is not likely to be as straight forward as you think.

1. The Fileset Protocol is ‘TRIGGERED’  based on either a scheduled day and time or periodically depending on  configuration settings. It is NOT triggered by the arrival of a message.

When triggered it searches the specified directory for files.

You could use a DirParse UPoC tcl proc to eliminate any files found which are not yours. But you would need to place the needed file name somewhere persistent  and get it when DirParse is invoked.

There are other potential considerations I think.

I would be willing to brainstorm some with you if you like.

Email me if interested.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Tom Patton
      Participant

Jim – you are absolutely spot on.   Using the HL7 event to pass info to the SFTP file pickup thread didn’t work.  I really couldn’t get the filename and patient date passed in the msg meta data, and – it would also scan the entire folder looking for the file name passed.

In the end, we kept the logic and architecture the same and used the curl libraries shipped with Clover 19.1 and got it working.

Thank you for the response and the offer!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags