message send over an outbound connexion

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf message send over an outbound connexion

• Creator
    Topic
    Yves Guerin
    Participant

Dear,

I tried almost everything but without success:

I want to transfert a message from an outbound connexion to the inbound of the same connexion as it was a reply:

message –> ConnexionIn

xlate

ConnexionOut (outbound) —+

reply      <-- ConnexionIn --- reply-xlate --- ConnexionOut (inbound)     ---+ I am able to do it from an inbound connexion to send back the inbound message with “OVER” but from an outbound connexion I am unable. Actually I send the message to another inbound connexion that perform the “OVER” (the loop) (see the drawing) Regards, Yves

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

When you OVER the messagee on your Outbound it becomes a DATA message so why not route messages instead of route reply to the originating thread?

Is there any particular reasson you want the OVER’d message to be treated as a REPLY?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Yves Guerin
      Participant

Dear,

Yes, because I need to send back the message as a reply to the client through the inbound connexion (server)

client — request –> ConnexionIn — xlate —> connexionOut

ConnexionOut — reply –> connexionIn — reponse —> client

Regards,

Yves

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

So is the client waiting for this response before the client will send another message?

If so when the message your outbound thread routes to the client thread, the client willl not know (or probably care) if the message was treated as a DATA or REPLY message in Cloverleaf.

Likewise if the client is noot waiting on a response before sending the next message.

I don’t think it will make any difference to the client as long as the message has the content the client wantss.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Yves Guerin
      Participant

Dear,

Yes, the client needs to get this response before sending another one.

Regards,

Yves

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags