Message Hex value

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Message Hex value

• Creator
    Topic
    Gerand Fontenot
    Participant

Is their a way to view or copy messages sent from the engine with the hex coding for beginning and ending of a message. I have a company that would like to see a particular message that is being sent from the engine.  They want to see the ending hex codes.  When I look at the message we send I do not see 1C ending hex code.  Is there a way to view and ftp this file.

Thanks for all your help

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Lindsey
      Participant

I have an EO Config at the root level that I created named enable_PDL_all.  It shows all of the informaton that happens at the PDL level that will show the HEX values of the data going outbound or inbound.

I created this by using the Engine Output Configurator.  I created a new entry by choosing    pdl   as the module, left the sub-module as  * , chose both Info and Debug boxes and the level of *(all).

Once you save this new EO, you should be able to put it on the outbound thread on the EO Config and then restart.  Your log file will now have more information in it.  Of course becareful about leaving this on for an extended period of time as your log will fill up quickly.

Rob

Gerand Fontenot
      Participant

Thanks

Russ Ross
      Participant

I’m on AIX and use the command iptrace to do an IP trace on the port of interest when I want to just see what is sent and received on a port.

Here is an example of my steps:

Code:

# become the super user
      iptrace -a -d mdahub -p 23333 -b trace.log
      # send messages across interface
      # get pid of iptrace
      ps -ef |grep iptrace ; # then kill this pid
      ipreport -rns trace.log > trace.rpt

I’ve been using this method before I new about enabling EO config output and still like it for some debugging situations becuase it:

1) doesn’t have as much extra clutter

2) shows both the ASCII and HEX data movement with time stamps.

3) doesn’t require any configuration change to the interface

I’ve been able

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Gerand Fontenot
      Participant

Thanks

That’s a cool idea, Russ.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Russ I always use startsrc and stopsrc to control IP trace.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Russ Ross
      Participant

Thanks, I never heard of startsrc/stopsrc but I will certainly take a look at using it moving forward.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

I should qualify that it’s the AIX SRC (System Resource Controller) subsystem.  So if you’re not AIX, probably doesn’t apply.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags