Merge Multiple .png files to one base64

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Tcl Library Merge Multiple .png files to one base64

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Puskar
    Participant

Hello,

I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to combine/concat multiple .png files into one embedded base64 in a TCL script?  Meditech scanned in documents are stored as one .png per page.  The HL7 message sends one file pointer per OBX.  

I am looking to first loop through the OBX’s and pick up each file, somehow combined this to one big file, then send base64 out to the vendor.  I am currently able to embed one file, but not sure how to get them all into one embedded OBX.  

Thanks,

Jay

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      David Barr
      Participant

I think you need to know the final file format (PNG?) and what formats and encodings the vendor can support. Normally PNG files only contain one image, so it seems strange to only send one PNG. If you want to send multiple PNGs, then there are various options. You could put the PNGs in a ZIP file, base64 encode it and stick it in an OBX, but could your vendor process that? You could base64 each PNG separately and send multiple OBX segments. That seems like how it would usually be done.

Jason Puskar
      Participant

Thank you!  I will work with the vendor to send them multiple OBX’s

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Tcl Library’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags