MediTech Interfaces

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf MediTech Interfaces

• Creator
    Topic
    James Cobane
    Participant

All,

I was wondering who has interfaced to any MediTech systems, and would be willing to share any experiences they’ve had.  Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Cobane

PHNS

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Beth Palmateer
      Participant

I’d be interested in this information also.  There is a good chance that we will be moving to Meditech this year.

Beth

Salina Regional Health Center

Bob Moore
      Participant

We interface with Meditech Client/Server Version 5.4 – Not Magic(a big difference.  Current segments utilized with QDX are ADT, DFT, RDE/RDS, ORM and ORU.  As with most vendors’, you have to drive the project and not wait too long for responses.  There documentation isn’t great, but is enough to get you to a testing phase.  The general response to an interface delivery request is 3 months out after paperwork is signed.  Meditech has a call tracking management portal that notifys you with emails when the task is updated – this provides a nice accountablity trail.  They provide you with a tools to minimally control/view interfaces and messages once implemented.  Let me know if you have any specific questions, I’m more than willing to share more.

Bob

Jared Parish
      Participant

I work primarily with MEDITECH interfaces at our site.  We have both C/S and Magic.  I find working with them, most of the time, is pleasant.  If you need any other info let me know.

Thanks,

Jared

- Jared Parish

James Cobane
      Participant

For those of you that responded regarding MediTech interfaces, would it be safe to say that they (MediTech) are relatively HL7 compliant, and no real surprises with respect to their interfaces?

Thanks again.

Jim Cobane

PHNS

Bob Moore
      Participant

Yes they are HL7 Compliant with pretty smooth deliveries.  When issues do come up with regards to message formatting, they work relatively quickly to address them – relative based on criticality.

Jared Parish
      Participant

I agree with Bob.  What isn’t HL7 compliant is outlined in their specs.

-Jared

- Jared Parish

James Cobane
      Participant

Thanks for all of your responses!

Jim Cobane

PHNS

Peter Turner
      Participant

We have been on Meditech C/S since 1999.  Meditech’s point to point model for interfaces finally pushed us to go to an interface engine.  Each interface they want to sell is many k dollars – that I would suggest we simply add another adt feed to a vendor without spending the money and waiting 3 months to implement is not usually met with enthusiasm.

I am now working on turning a OV LAB pathology results into a Meditech EMR report.  Not terribly complicated, but has some challenges due to Path lab vendor – they think LAB test – I need text report.  

We have just implemented one of the first PCS user query to pull monitored patient’s vital signs from Quovadx interface.  This was a joint effort between Meditech and GE.

I sure would like to find a source of samples of Xlates, netconfigs tcl modules and other components.   How Quovadx all ties together is still a little murky.  The thing is incredibly flexible but the documentation and help leaves a lot to be desired.

I would also like to collect a list others involved at interface level between Quovadx and Meditech.  I would be happy to share any of my experiences and/or limited knowledge.

Bob Moore
      Participant

I’d be glad to help you out, but not quite sure what you’re asking for.   What version/OS of QDX are you on and what training/experience do you have with HL7 and the engine? What version of Meditech C/S are you on?   We’ve done lab results, but not to EMR yet.  We are currently working on Muse, Cathlab and PACS to Meditech ITS.  We’re finalizing the contract with GE for the PCS User query response interface.  It is my understanding that queries are initiated at the client level which could be any client workstation – Did you limit the workstations queries could be initiated from?  I’d be interested in learning more on how you implemented this.  Did you use the Multi-Server connection option in QDX with this or is there a central server all querries are sent from?

B Pariyesana
      Participant

We also have Meditech interfaces but didn’t have the same pleasant experience as others when we built it. Meditech is very sensitive to sequence of transactions that need to be happened to change patient status or event, also specific patient status and patient type rule, such as, place outpatient in bed will only work with patient status A when the type is X.

The scripts that we created for Meditech was voted as longest OB TPS script that was ever written here 🙂

B. Pariyesana

MedStar Health

Arslan Khan
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Has anyone interfaced Meditech diet orders to CBORD?

We are about to emabrk on this project and I want to know ahead of time if there are many (if any) surprises in the waiting!

Any insight from experienced source is highly appreciable.

Thanks.

Arslan

Jacques B
      Participant

Hi,

We added two M

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags