Meaningful Use Stage 2

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Meaningful Use Stage 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Shoemaker
    Participant

Hi. After lots of back and forth with lots of different people who all have lots of different views on the subject of Meaningful Use, it was determined that for Cloverleaf to be considered “Certified for MU Stage 2”, all I would have to do was implement the Security Server to satisfy HIPPA requirements.  After some other related MU 2 projects around here, we’ve been discussing the requirement for sending data securely. Our site does not have the Secure Messenger product but we make/use secure connections all the time within Operating System scripts (using sFtp for example). My question is, do I now need to purchase the Secure Messenger module to gain the security for the connections within cloverleaf? I guess I’m looking for examples of how people “connect securely” using the Cloverleaf provided protocols or otherwise and how these connections satisfy (or won’t satisfy) MU 2.

Thanks!

Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Christopher Loyd
      Participant

Mike,

From my working knowledge, HIPAA requires an AES compliant 128 bit encryption for traveling traffic.

David Barr
      Participant

My understanding is that HIPAA does not define minimum encryption level requirements. HIPAA says that your organization must have a policy that sets encryption level requirements.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags