McKesson Star HL7 Batch Charges Interface

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf McKesson Star HL7 Batch Charges Interface

• Creator
    Topic
    Deborah Bauer
    Participant

Could someone help me out in setting up an interface where I want to queue up the HL7 transactions during the day and then set the interface up to send the transactons at a designated time in the evening.  Is UPOC protocol with the advanced scheduling the best way to do it?  Could someone please give me more detail of how to set this up?  Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Deborah,

The way I would do this is to send the messages toa fileset/local protocol thread. In that thread I would use a proc we have which puts each message in a separate file. I would make sure the directory specified in the Fileset/Local has no other files in it.

Then I would have another FileSet/Local thread which would look in the directory where the first Fileset/Local protocol placed the files and pick up all of the messages. I would use the Advanced Scheduling feature of the Fileset/Local protocol. Then route and Xlate or whatever as needed to deliver to the eventual destination System.

Just remember to use throttling on the second Fileset/Local protocol especially if there will be a large volume of messages so nothing gets overwhlmed by the sudden load.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Deborah Bauer
      Participant

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for the information.  How do I set the scheduling event properties so that the interface starts at 11pm and only runs for an hour?  I was trying to find the document on it with more details on how to set it up.  Also, do you think I could get the proc code from you that you mentioned?  It is that long?  Thank you again for all your help.  I greatly appreciate your assistance.  Thanks Jim.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Deborah,

I am not sure if you can specify in the Advanced scheduling how long it should run what I would pronbably do is to use a date/time stamp in the file name (along with a counter – all doable with the proc I will send you), then in the dirparse TPS on the second Fileset/Local check the current time against the file list and only select those files where the date/time is older.

If you email me I will email you the proc that i spoke of. My email is at the bottom of my post.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Russ Ross
      Participant

The proc you are asking Jim Kosloskey for is called

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Actually I sent the new one tps_fileset_numfile much more flexible/powerful.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags