Mapping of RXA-11 Adminstred at Location sub-fields

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Mapping of RXA-11 Adminstred at Location sub-fields

• Creator
    Topic

My inbound variant is HL7 2.3.1. VXU^V4 message. I am trying to map RXA-11 Administered at Location field to an outbound variant (which is again an HL7 MDM^T02 message.  Here is the sample message for RXA segment:

RXA|0|999|19980102|19980102|09^TD (ADULT)^CVX^90718^TD (ADULT)^CPT~9^TD (ADULT)^STC0292|999|||01^HISTORICAL INFORMATION – SOURCE UNSPECIFIED^NIP001||^^^SNOHOMISH HEALTH DISTRICT^^^^^3020 RUCKER AVE^^EVERETT^WA^98201||||||||||D|20070413133759

I have to map the fields like Facility: RXA-11.4, 11.9,11.10,11.11,11.12, 11.13 etc.

I have changed the RXA 11 field type from CM (composite) to XON (Extended composite name and ID number for organizations). But the XON does not have all the sub-fields for RXA-11. Could one of the experts please advise to solve this mapping problem?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I am not sure why you changed the data type for the field.

The CM data type for the RXA-11 (Administered at location) allows for all of the components you should need (asuming the system building the RXA-11 field has followed the standard – Ha Ha 😉).

Maybe if you explained why you thought you needed to change the data type for the RXA-11 field, that might help.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim,

I have changed the data type XON becuase, I can access the individual fields.  The original data type was CM (composite). Could you please provide me a some instructions how do i access the individual components which werr part of the CM field. The CM data type has only one sub-field of the type text.

Thanks

Shad

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

First, if you have not already done so, go to the chapter of the HL/7 Guide for the release of the variant and look in the chapter which describes the recommended layout of the RXA segment. For example, HL/7 version 2.4 the pertinent information is in Chapter 4 I think.

That will tell you the components and their meaning which should be in RXA-11.

Next, look at the sending system’s specification to see how they are using this field.

Next, the CM Data Type is a generic Data Type which can have any number of components. Thus in the Xlate in Cloverleaf(R) you won’t see a specific component by component breakdown when you try to explode the field in the Inbound Message tree for any field which has this Data Type.

Instead, you have to know what you expect (hence using the vendor’s spec and the standard guide) and you need to make references utilizing the address path notation in the Xlate.

For example, to COPY the first component you would put something like the following (your exact address path may be different but this should get the point across):

4(0).0(0).0(0).RXA.00353.[0]

To get the second component:

4(0).0(0).0(0).RXA.00353.[1]

To get the third component:

4(0).0(0).0(0).RXA.00353.[2]

and so on…

If you just wanted to copy all components then I think 4(0).0(0).0(0).RXA.00353 would do.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Russ Ross
      Participant

It seems to me that once upon a time I had a situation where I had more subfields than what was defined in the HL7 variant.

I want to say that I was able to type in my HL7 path manually and get it to work even though the subfield would not show up in the GUI.

So lets say your GUI might show something like

whatever.RXA.#11.(0).[5]

as the last subfied but yet you have more subfileds in the actual message then go ahead and just access them like this example

whatever.RXA.#11.(0).[6]

whatever.RXA.#11.(0).[7]

whatever.RXA.#11.(0).[8]

etc.

I did not find the example of having done this so I’m not certain this works but it is very easy for you to try since I think I did this at some point in time.

I have also posted a proc (xlt_splitflds.tcl) on clovertech that splits a field into subfields using a specified delimiter at URL

http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1570&highlight=xltsplitflds” class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=1570&highlight=xltsplitflds

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Jim & Ross Thanks for the help. I am able to read the individual subcomponent and map to an outbound variant.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags