Logic to change segments based on text in report

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf General Logic to change segments based on text in report

• Creator
    Topic
    Kirby Knight
    Participant

Has anyone done this type of thing in a Xlate?

The requirement is as follows:

The conclusion section of a report needs to be identified by &IMP in OBX_3.  &GDT will be in OBX_3 for everything preceding the conclusion.  

GDT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kirby,

Need more detail.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Kirby Knight
      Participant

OBX|1|TX|&GDT||Sample result indicating a line of FINDINGS text.||||||

OBX|2|TX|&GDT||This OBX indicates a 2nd line of FINDINGS text.||||||

OBX|3|TX|&IMP||Sample result indicating the CONCLUSION text.||||||

OBX|4|TX|&IMP||More sample result indicating the text.||||||

OBX|5|TX|&IMP||Still More sample result indicating the text.||||||

So my question is, would the best solution be to put an IF condition with in the OBX iteration that looks for the appearance of the word CONCLUSION?

Have you done something like this before?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kirby,

I am assuming the OBXs shown are what the outbound should look like.

I have done some similar things.

I would try using an IF Action if you are on a release of Cloverleaf that has the ‘Contains’ option in the string compare.

I would use a temp variable to set the value for OBX-3 (GDT or IMP) based on the discovery  of CONCLUSION. I would do this such that the GDT is the normal and only gets reset when the discovery of CONCLUSION happens.

Be aware the standard (at least beginning with 2.3) does not specify sub-components for OBX-3 yet that appears to be what is being demanded here (assuming & is the sub-component separator in MSH-2).

However you can use sub-component notation in your COPY Action when COPYing the temp variable to OBX-3 to force this non-compliance.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Kirby Knight
      Participant

Thanks Jim,

The & in &GDT is not a sub component separator and I do not have a CONTAINS option in string comparison.

I have it working, check my logic please.  Is there a better way I should set this up?

Created the following variables

for OBX_3 with a default value of &GDT

@conclusion=CONCLUSION:

Within the iteration

Created a variable to capture the value of OBX_5  = @OBX5

Copied @OBX3 to OBX_3

Created an if statement =   @OBX5 eq @conclusion

sets @OBX3=&IMP

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Kirby,

The string in OBX-3 you are comparing to contains the value CONCLUSION a eq compare wil not be true.

If the release of Cloverleaf you are on does not have the contains value, then you will need a Tcl proc to do the compare.

I have a couple of procs that will do that – one using regsub, the other string map.

If you would like copies of them for an example, email me.

And the & is a subcomponent seperator if the & is specified in MSH-2.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags