Load Balancing via Cloverleaf

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Load Balancing via Cloverleaf

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert Milfajt
    Participant

We’re running Cloverleaf 6.1.1 on AIX. The scenario is that we have Cerner iBus to send device data to Epic.  However, Epic has a performance limit that 1000 devices can connect to a single device interface.  iBus has more than that sending data.

Has anyone encountered this type of situation?  If so, how did you deal with it?

I’m thinking, creating some type of load balancing algorithm in either TrxID, or trying to find some data point, perhaps room/bed (but that would be quite a large table to maintain in Cloverleaf) to route data.

Any ideas, suggestions or real life experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Milfajt
    Northwestern Medicine
    Chicago, IL

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      aaron kaufman-moore
      Participant

I think you’re spot on with the trxid proc; We’ve used a trxid proc before that looked at the first two characters of PV1-3.1 since our sending system had the device identifier begin with a campus identifier.  Hope this helps so you wouldn’t need to maintain a large table.

Rehman Masood
      Participant

The closest I got to something like this was trying to load 180 million results in Epic for a conversion. I had to a trx tclproc and used the digit from the MRN to route it the message to one of the 10 threads I used to send data to Epic. I think something similar would work for you.

Joshua Myers
      Participant

I may need to do something similar, but I’m still figuring out tcl (or at least the right data structures to use within Cloverleaf).  

I know this is an older post, but does anyone have a sample proc they can share?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags