Launching from the alert.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Tcl Library Launching from the alert.

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert Gordon
    Participant

Security tightens; Unix admins no longer give you access to use the tools you once had, and of course you have all that junk code from antiquated unix scripts.  I can’t say that I’m not guilty, but then again I like to keep up with the times and innovate whenever possible.  The reason behind this script, simple “Peace of mind…”, the CloverLeaf gui alert portion of the product gives you direct access to cron, but then no one really has tried to effectively use it.  Well think again, home your scripts inside the /home/hci/bin folder, create the symbolic link to your proc inside remote commands to ./bin and presto instant executable library (master site) no tickle index required.  The file has been Kazin’d from stealing, this means you will be required to debug and test before implementing, this was intentionally done.  The script is real in which case I have the original source code, this code is tested, but now you will be required to know TCL/TK, you will be required to fill in the blanks, and if you suceed in debugging the program you will be able to create an alert line that says “startEngine -log -email “replyUser@somewhere” “sentUser@somewhere”” to debug get used to the idea of using the remote commands panel of the gui.  Any editor will work fine, but then again remember to use a tool that best addresses your needs.  The variables used all were self documenting and so there are no comments, but then again you will have to figure everything out in the end.

The coding to the engineEmail is a simple unix script which sends an email using the arguments provided. I used 4 arguments; people may want to embelish, so I did not include the code and it too has a home in /home/hci with a symbolic link in ./bin”

Robert Gordon

🙄

• The forum ‘Tcl Library’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags