Korn Shell Scripting

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf General Korn Shell Scripting

• Creator
    Topic
    lisa sater
    Participant

Hi,

I am stuck on a script.  The process is pick up fileX (which contains the names of all the charge files created for 1 day).  I need to read the file names, write them to variables, so I can FTP the files over to the QDX Unix box for reformatting (perl) and then to process on QDX to a VRL format (output).

An example of fileX:

./lisa/save/bill/MHT15421.dat

./lisa/save/bill/MHT27884.dat

./lisa/save/bill/MHT31008.dat

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Caragay
      Participant

Lisa,

Do you need to use a script to retrieve fileX and associated charge files?  If not, you may be able to use Cloverleaf functionality and a tcl proc to get the job done.

Are you able to use the directory parse TPS option in the fileset-FTP protocol within Cloverleaf?  Since fileX contains a list of desired charge files, you should be able to write a dir parse tcl proc to pass Cloverleaf this list for processing.  

You didn’t say where the dir file listing or the actual charge files are located.  If they are all stored in the same directory, the dir parse tcl proc would be passed a directory of file names (which would include your fileX) and then interrogate fileX.  Based on the data in fileX, the tcl proc would create a list of valid charge file names to pass back to cloverleaf for processing.  

There are a number of different ways to code the tcl proc to meet just about any need.  All Cloverleaf wants returned from the dir parse tcl proc is a list of files you want to process.

I usually try to use any built in Cloverleaf functionality before turning to external solutions.

lisa sater
      Participant

Hi,

I am unable to use the features in Cloverleaf for getting these file.  The format of the HL7 charge file has the incorrect end of line and message terminaotrs, along with batch header and footers in the file.  

So with K-shell I can pick up the files, then with perl I would reformat the file.  Then I can use the engine to process the data.

Lisa

Troy Morton
      Participant

#!/usr/bin/ksh

for myfile in `cat fileX`

do

FTP

cd

ASCII

put $myfile

quit

done

David Barr
      Participant

Troy Morton wrote:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

for myfile in `cat fileX`

do

Kevan Riley
      Participant

Lisa,

Perhaps if you posted a snippet of you perl script we could help you translate it to Tcl.  You should be able to do anything you can do in Perl as an a Tcl proc in Inbound TPS in Cloverleaf.

Kevan Riley

Adventist Health System – IS

Lake Mary, FL

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags