java.lang.NullPointerException

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf java.lang.NullPointerException

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark Rilling
    Participant

Hello,

I have a new test system and when I go to log into a site I get the error below.   Anyone have any thoughts?

Exception: Thu Jan 26 15:19:30 EST 2006

at com.hie.cloverleaf.configserver.lock.Lock.logUserRecord(Lock.java:714)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.configserver.lock.Lock.acquireReadOnlyLock(Lock.java:264)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.configserver.LocalConfigServerSupport.lockAndGetConfig(LocalConfigServerSupport.java:284)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.configserver.LocalLaunchpadConfigServer.get(LocalLaunchpadConfigServer.java:49)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadPanel.jbInit(LaunchpadPanel.java:548)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadPanel.(LaunchpadPanel.java:55)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadMainFrame.constructContentPanel(LaunchpadMainFrame.java:266)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.StdGuiMainFrame.initForFrame(StdGuiMainFrame.java:800)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.StdGuiMainFrame.initGUI(StdGuiMainFrame.java:735)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.StdGuiMainFrame.(StdGuiMainFrame.java:77)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadMainFrame.(LaunchpadMainFrame.java:34)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadApplication.constructMainFrame(LaunchpadApplication.java:117)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.StdGuiApplication.(StdGuiApplication.java:98)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadApplication.(LaunchpadApplication.java:32)

at com.hie.cloverleaf.gui.launchpad.LaunchpadApplication.main(LaunchpadApplication.java:41)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rick Brown
      Participant

Check and make sure the host server is running.

Mark Rilling
      Participant

Rick,

Yes it is, I am working directly on that PC.  The QDX service is running

Rick Brown
      Participant

That message usually indicates the host server isn’t running or can’t be contacted.  The “service” and host server are seperate items.  Do an hciss from the server at a command prompt and make sure it is running.  You might also have firewall issues that are causing you problems.  Has this ever worked?  I notice you say it is a new server.

Mark Rilling
      Participant

Rick,

This is a new test server and, no I have never been able to open the IDE.  Its on a 2000 server and I’m logging as the local administrator.  QDX service has started.  and hciss says its running.

Rick Brown
      Participant

It sounds like the server piece is okay but I suspect you have some firewall issues.  You should check with your network folks and see if they can make sure you are allowed to make connection for that server.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags